Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butternut Squash... Pasta!

Lately, a lot of restaurants in the Twin Cities have been posting specials that involve some combination of butternut squash and pasta. It's often offered up in the form of ravioli, and it's usually served in a light but creamy sauce that has some sage in it. Having enjoyed this at a number of local establishments, I realized that I had a butternut squash that was waiting to be eaten, and decided that I'd take a stab at this concept - and it worked!

I chopped the squash up into chunks and roasted it in the oven until soft. Meanwhile, I cooked a chunky pasta. When both were cooked, I removed the peel from the squash. Then I stirred the pasta and the squash chunks together, mashing the squash up a bit, and added a spoonful or two of sour cream, a few tablespoons of butter, and a sprinkling of dried sage. With a generous shaking of salt and pepper over the top, I had a warm bowl of butternut squash pasta, and it was delicious. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment