Monday, July 11, 2011

Dive Bomb Tortas - a guest recipe

A recent off-the-cuff recipe from my wonderful boyfriend...

Ingredients:
  • Chicken breasts (pounded flat to ¼”)
  • Avocado (sliced into thin wedges)
  • Heirloom tomatoes (sliced into thin wedges)
  • Lettuce
  • Marinade (See below)
  • Adobo butter (See below)
  • Mini French baguettes
  • Mayo (optional)
Chicken Spice Rub / Marinade:
  • Parsley
  • Thyme
  • Basil
  • Fresh chives
  • Oregano (Fresh & Dry)
  • Sweet paprika
  • Ground coriander
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Garlic

Adobo Butter
  • 8Tb Butter (room temp)
  • 1Tb adobo sauce
  • 1Tb honey
  • 1-2 Ancho chile in adobo sauce (crushed with back of fork into butter)
Marinade chicken for 20 minutes and grill
Spread adobo butter on inside baguettes and grill
Assemble remaining ingredients
------------------------------
Note: I started graduate school in September and life got a bit hectic. When I did manage to find time to cook creatively, I didn't seem to have any time leftover to blog. But it's summer now, and I'm trying to get back on the blogging train, as I've been cooking up a storm! To get me started, here's a guest recipe from my boyfriend. He made these sandwiches this weekend, which we ate on a lovely summer evening while sipping mojitos on a lovely backyard patio at a friends house. I highly recommend both the sandwich and the setting!

No comments:

Post a Comment